Austrian Drugstore Haul!

Hi mermaids!

First things first- I'm engaged! My boyfriend proposed to me on our holiday in Australia on New Year's eve! The last week before Uni started, we stopped by in Austria to tell my family about our engagement and of course: To do some shopping! I don't necessarily miss any Austrian skincare here in London, you Brits have a much larger span of brands and stores where brands that I was used to order online since they weren't very easily accessible, are in the ordinary sortiment.
Nevertheless I picked up some bits and bobs and thought I'd share them with you! 

The first thing I got was the Tetesept "Eine Portion Liebe" bath salts with campaign and currant scent. "Eine Portion Liebe" translates to "A portion of Love" which immediately made me swoon over my fianceé (I still get butterflies in my tummy when I say it out loud). We did a couple's pamper night and both fell in love all over again. (oh, how sappy that sounds, I bet I'll cringe about this post in two year's time...) I also fell in love with this product. It honestly smells AMAZING like literally better than anything I've ever smelt. It's also super cute how it turns the water in a lovely purple shade.

I was very tempted to buy a Lash Boost Serum for a while and I finally managed to get ahold of one at the Catrice Clearance Sale. This product claims to lengthen your lashes 18% in 30 days. Obviously I haven't been using this long enough to see any results, but as soon anythings happens (or doesn't happen) I'll let you know!
One thing I noticed was that it burns quite a bit when applying to the lash line. I'm not sure if that's normal for lash boost serums or if I did anything wrong, so please tell me in the comments below if you've got experience. :)
One of my last year's resolution was to buy less make up, use up most products and then buy new, high quality cruelty free ones. I chose to get this powder because I noticed that the tinted essence powders oxidised on my skin recently. This never happened before, I didn't even think this was possible to happen to powders, but I needed to get a new one. This one is the essence compact matte translucent powder and I really like it! It gets rid of the excess oil but doesn't mattify too much (one of the disadvantages of the tinted essence powders). It even gives you a subtle highlight and you can let it bake underneath your eyes. Mermaid likes!

If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll have most likely noticed that I'm a big lover of natural skincare. An Austrian drugstore called Bipa recently brought out a line called BIgood that's completely cruelty free, 100% natural, all ingredients are organic and produced in Austria. I'm currently trying it all out and some products haven't been THAT great but this nail polish remover is lovely! It takes a little longer to remove the polish since there are no harsh chemicals in there, but it soothes your nails and doesn't smell aggressive!

Last but not least: An eyeshadow palette called NUDES from essence. The packaging looks beautiful and the palette contains 6 matte shades and 2 sparkly ones. The dark ones are very pigmented, the lighter ones take a a few more layers to pop. I'm not that convinced about the glitter ones since they also do look kind of matte, but in a nutshell I've been enjoying using this product. 



Are there any great products or brands in your country I need to know about? Tell me and the others in the comments down below!

Take care,

Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I conceal my acne scars...

Nail Polish Favourites - Spring Edition!

Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey! My Morning Routine.